DIY: Starting A Journal!

When I was little my mom got both my sister and I a 'diary' to keep all our "thoughts and feelings in;" that didn't last very long because I just ended up not wanting to write a whole story in the diary and having to hide it and remember where the key was.


Now a few older & wiser years later I have decided to start a Journal (which by the way is completely different than a diary- at least mine is). But Sincerely, Isabella sparked the idea in me with this post.

The one I am 'creating' is more of an art and visual expression of these crazy high school years. I think it will be fun to look back onto the creative side I have, along with a few silly stories I throw in.

Anyways, onto the fun part!

Supplies: some are optional but this is what I purchased from my local craft store!
(I linked some cool ones)

If you want to get more crafty try these!



My Magazine Clippings








There really isn't any rhyme or reason to the artistic side of things, just let the creative juices flow!

I feel like journaling is an ongoing thing, so you can have pages that can be built over time, no need to clip 500 clippings today!

This is what I did:

Tip: press down hard on the ink pad and make sure to cover all the raised rubber surface


I used this to make the title
 on a separate sheet of paper
Tip: leave room to grow!

Tip: make sure to write the date so in 20
years you remember how old you were


This is what I ended up with!
I spent a lot of time on this artsy DIY, so I hope I have inspired & delighted you!

3 comments:

  1. I want to do something like this now! I love Diys! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea. Will definitely be sharing with my sister, she loves all things artsy. Love your blog and esp. the punny name.

    shellhoulston.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love yours too, I followed!

      Delete